This year I’m participating in NaNoWriMo, and it will be my first year attempting to write a novel. I haven’t brainstormed, outline, or planned out anything. However, the week before NaNoWriMo, I intend to brainstorm and outline my novel, so that I can begin writing on day one. I feel like I should’ve start prepping during October, and used the whole month rather than just the last week. It’s a bit late for that now though.
Since this is my first year participating, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing. That’s why I’m writing this post, I would love to know all about y’all’s NaNoWriMo experience.
- Have you participated before? Are you participating this year?
- do you have any tips or tricks? What do you wish you had done differently?
- For those of you who struggle with mental health (because I do), what are some things that you do to help stay on track?
- Are you a plotter? Are you a pants-er? (that’s a word, right?)
- Who is an author that you look up to?
I’m a mixture of nervous and excited, and would love to be able to talk to anyone who has experience, or who will also be participating for the first time.
– Lauren Hope